7A Second Place sits on one of the distinctive place blocks of Carroll Gardens, which are sought after for their unusually deep front yards. Coming home to 7A Second Place, youll walk across large bluestone slabs, and past a large front garden which provides privacy and a sense of being in the countryside. 7A Second Place was commissioned in 1885 by Mary Phillips, who lived in the mansion at 1 Second Place, at the corner of Henry Street. Philips owned much of the block at that time, and hired one of Brooklyns most accomplished builders, Morris & Selover, to build six distinctive Queen Anne style townhouses next to her home.
Today 7A Second Place retains much of its original historic detail and charm, including its beautiful faade and slate Mansard roof, original staircase, moldings, and four stone fireplace mantels. The backyard is sunny, tranquil, and private. This historic home was renovated a few years ago and is configured with two spacious duplexes and a full cellar. The building could be easily converted to a triplex over a garden rental or back to its original use as a luxurious single-family. 7A Second Place is close to the best of Carroll Gardens shops, restaurants and other great amenities, including Brooklyn Bridge Park. The F/G trains are less than two blocks away for a quick commute to Manhattan.